Brilliant sands – miles after miles, disregarded by polite precipices and inundated with frothing waves, vivid conch shells, massive pagodas, heavenly fish this is Cox’s Bazar. The ocean side visitor township of Bangladesh bragging the world’s longest (120km) unbroken shoreline slanting tenderly down into the blue water of the Bay of Bengal-Cox’s Bazar is a standout amongst the most appealing traveler spots of the nation.
To north of Cox’s Bazar is Chittagong and the slope areas of Bandarban and Khagrachhari, toward the east is Myanmar, toward the west and south is the Bay of Bengal.
History: Old name of Cox’s Bazar was Bakoli, Mid-seventeenth’s name was PENGWA. The Rakhyne word PENGWA implies yellow blossom. Burmese King Monwaing assaulted Cox’s Bazar in 1784. He executed the Arakanese King Thamada and took control of the zone. So the Arakanese left the region to take cover in the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Patuakhali. The Government of the then East India Company named Captain Hiram Cox as Superintendent and doled out him to restore the Arakanese displaced people. On entry there in 1799, he vanquished the Burmese lord in a fight and restored the Arakanese outcasts. After the war, he set up a bazar (market) in that place which was named as Cox’s Bazar after him.
The ostentatious township at the leader of a 120 km long shoreline with lines of extravagant shops on either sides of Cox’s Bazar primary street, quiet and tranquil Khyangs and Pagodas, Rakhyne quarters, fish harbor of Kostura Ghat, the sights of the rising sun behind the slopes and setting of it into the Bay of Bengal-every single together give the air of a pixie land-a vacationer hear.