Math is the one of the most interesting topic to read. The first ‘mathematics’ word comes from Greek word máthēma, which means learning, study, science. “Mathematics is the subject in which we never know what we are talking about nor whether what we are saying is true.” said by Bertrand Russell. Most of the people find interest on it. For math lovers here I present some interesting math facts which definitely surprise you.
1. Americans called mathematics ‘math’, because they believe mathematics is singular so math is singular too. they use this word as much longer as we use maths.
2. writing pi into two decimal places, it’s backwards spelling is “pie”.
3. The spiral shapes of sunflowers follow a Fibonacci sequence.
Fibonacci number is a number where you add the two preceding numbers in the sequence to give you the next one like 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, etc. The Fibonacci sequence shows up in this natural beauty.
4. The word hundred is derived from the word “hundrath” (Old Norse), which actually means 120 and not 100.
5. You can find an interesting magic on multiple one.
6. If 30 people lives in one room there is 30% chance that two people must have same birth date. And if there lives 75 people in same room then it becomes 99% chance. It recognize as ‘Birth Date Problem’.
7. In Roman numerals only zero is not represented. The Latin word “nulla” is used instead of Zero.
8. The name of Zero comes from the Arabic word ‘sifr’ which means ‘a secret way of writing’ .
9. If we multiply six and nine and Add them with the adding number of six and nine then the result would be sixty nine. Like (6 × 9) + (6 + 9) = 69.
10. There is a tend to think odd numbers as male and even numbers as male.